stephaniebeertje

Stephanie Beerden

Stephanie Beerden was born on Friday the 13th (no joke, she really was) in a small city called Genk and has always been fascinated with the occult, magic and books. Her childhood and teen years were filled with reading lots and lots of books and imagining what life would be like as a real Vampire. Until one day she decided that she wanted to try her hand at writing her own books and that was the beginning of her writing adventure. Her first book is a YA Fantasy called De Elementen – Het Verloren Koninkrijk and after many, many trials and tribulations, one small Dutch publisher decided “Hey, let’s give this girl a shot”. Her second book De Elementen – Archandir has recently been published by same publisher and she couldn’t be happier about that. Stephanie hopes to keep writing as long as she can and already has several writing projects in the works for the future.

The Godborn
The Companions
Robert Anthony Salvatore
Souls of the Stones Omnibus
Kelly Walker
Charming - Elliott James *Received an ARC copy from the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*So Charming is about a man named John Charming, a Knight and a half-blood werewolf. Because of this he has been chased away and hunted by other Knights because they think he's an abomination. Currently he's living in Clayburg where he meets Sig, a Valkyrie and together with her and other characters he discovers that a Vampire is slowly killing off people in his city. And so begins their investigationI'll start on the characters now. I rather like the main character John Charming, because he's a sarcastic and joking kind of wise ass, who you either love or hate. Then we have Sig, I don't really know what to think of her, one moment I think she's okay and the other moment she just makes me want to hit her. Her entire persona is all over the place through the entire book. I did like Molly though, there is just something about her that made me like her instantly. I hated Dvornik and Parth. Dvornik because he's a mean, cruel and back-stabbing son of a bitch and he just makes me wanna shoot him in the head. And Prath, gah! He's so annoying and unlikable and he's the biggest hypocrite I've ever met!To be honest, it's not a bad book, but I have to admit there were a lot of boring parts which made me give it 3 stars. The story is reasonably good with nice characters and a nice pace as well. Also the many info dumps in the book got quite tedious and slowed down the story somewhat in my opinion. But other then that it wasn't a bad read.