stephaniebeertje

Stephanie Beerden

Stephanie Beerden was born on Friday the 13th (no joke, she really was) in a small city called Genk and has always been fascinated with the occult, magic and books. Her childhood and teen years were filled with reading lots and lots of books and imagining what life would be like as a real Vampire. Until one day she decided that she wanted to try her hand at writing her own books and that was the beginning of her writing adventure. Her first book is a YA Fantasy called De Elementen – Het Verloren Koninkrijk and after many, many trials and tribulations, one small Dutch publisher decided “Hey, let’s give this girl a shot”. Her second book De Elementen – Archandir has recently been published by same publisher and she couldn’t be happier about that. Stephanie hopes to keep writing as long as she can and already has several writing projects in the works for the future.

The Godborn
The Companions
Robert Anthony Salvatore
Souls of the Stones Omnibus
Kelly Walker
Sky's End (Cassiel Winters, #1) - Lesley  Young Seeing as how I did not even finish this book, this won't be a long review. Let me start by saying that I actually like reading Sci-Fi very much. But this book was just not my cup of tea. Not only did the story not move me or fascinate me in any way, like other sci-fi books usually do. It felt more like I was reading the ramblings of a hormonal crazy, sex-obsesssed teenage girl who annoyed me to no end, despite the fact that the main character is 21-years-old.I have never before disliked a main character as much I disliked Cassiel. Nor did I like King or any of the other males characters that floated around constantly. They just all feel so empty and brainless to me. Sometimes Cassiel even comes over as a Mary Sue. Also I wasn't all that impressed with Cassiel's "deja vu" ability and the fact that she just seems to get the "hots" for every male that comes her way. Therefore, as much as I hate doing this, I am rating this book with a 1 star.