stephaniebeertje

Stephanie Beerden

Stephanie Beerden was born on Friday the 13th (no joke, she really was) in a small city called Genk and has always been fascinated with the occult, magic and books. Her childhood and teen years were filled with reading lots and lots of books and imagining what life would be like as a real Vampire. Until one day she decided that she wanted to try her hand at writing her own books and that was the beginning of her writing adventure. Her first book is a YA Fantasy called De Elementen – Het Verloren Koninkrijk and after many, many trials and tribulations, one small Dutch publisher decided “Hey, let’s give this girl a shot”. Her second book De Elementen – Archandir has recently been published by same publisher and she couldn’t be happier about that. Stephanie hopes to keep writing as long as she can and already has several writing projects in the works for the future.

The Godborn
The Companions
Robert Anthony Salvatore
Souls of the Stones Omnibus
Kelly Walker
Switch - Janelle Stalder *Received an ARC from the Author in exchange for an honest review*Oh ... my God. Holy hell, this book was AWESOME!!!!! I loved it. I was so worried at first that I wouldn't like it as much as I love Janelle's Eden Series, but holy shit was I damn wrong about that! This book is just as awesome and as greatly written as the Eden Series!Now let's talk plot. It's fantastic! It's set in the near-future around 2040 and two third's of the world's population are dead all thanks to our resident bad guy Ludwig Tenebris the boss of the New World order, he controls everything, form the weapon supply to food supply and the only thorn in his side are the people who stand against him, the Rebels. Charlotte Hatcher is sixteen-years-old when New World Army soldiers come into her home and kill her mother in search for her father, who is part of the rebels. While searching for him, Ludwig's second-in-command Roman Adamson discovers Charlotte can read minds and takes her with him to Ludwig, who renames her Dinah and has her become his secret weapon known as Weapon X. As for the characters, well Janelle outdid herself. I loved Charlotte and Bridgette Hatcher, the two sisters in the story. Especially Charlotte aka Dinah, she's totally kickass! And her power to read people's mind is so cool! I know it's been used in all kinds of books before, but just the way her powers are presented in the story make it all the more incredible to read about. Then there's Roman Adamson, I know he's technically the "bad guy" but the author always seems to find a way to make me love them all the same, especially since he seems to have a soft spot for Bridgette and God I hope those two get together in the next book! And then there's sexy, smug Pete Mckay, who is one gorgeous hunk and of course Charlotte's love interest and boy do they get it ON in this book, me likey! Of course there were some characters I didn't like, like Ludwig the boss of the New World and Douglas Hatcher, father to Charlotte and Bridgette, because he is one mean, stone cold son-of-a-bitch, who is going on some kind of power-trip. I really hate him and I hope he gets killed in the next book, because he more than deserves it!So I'm gonna stop right there, wouldn't want to spoil the book for all you people out there. Because this one is definitely worth reading and it will blow your mind!