stephaniebeertje

Stephanie Beerden

Stephanie Beerden was born on Friday the 13th (no joke, she really was) in a small city called Genk and has always been fascinated with the occult, magic and books. Her childhood and teen years were filled with reading lots and lots of books and imagining what life would be like as a real Vampire. Until one day she decided that she wanted to try her hand at writing her own books and that was the beginning of her writing adventure. Her first book is a YA Fantasy called De Elementen – Het Verloren Koninkrijk and after many, many trials and tribulations, one small Dutch publisher decided “Hey, let’s give this girl a shot”. Her second book De Elementen – Archandir has recently been published by same publisher and she couldn’t be happier about that. Stephanie hopes to keep writing as long as she can and already has several writing projects in the works for the future.

The Godborn
The Companions
Robert Anthony Salvatore
Souls of the Stones Omnibus
Kelly Walker
Fae - C.J. Abedi I'll start off by saying that this review won't be long.Alright so Fae is actually about Caroline and Devilyn, who are part of a Prophecy made way back, before their time. Devilyn is the son of the eldest of the Elders of the Dark Fae and a Light Fae. It's his destiny to protect and love Caroline, who is - unknown to her - the heiress to the throne of the Light Fae. Their future Queen and also destined to give her life for them. Now the story wasn't half bad, but I've seen quite a few editorial problems and also it was so slow-paced that it became boring really quick. I love it when the author builds up the plot, but this was just too slow and the ending of the book was so disjointed that I had to re-read it several time before I understood what was going on. Also the info dumps at the beginning of each chapter where incredibly annoying and only helped to slow the story down and make it even more difficult to get through.As for the characters well while I hold a certain fondness for Caroline up to a point, I hold very little love for Devilyn and all the other characters in the book. Devilyn is almost as bad as Edward Cullen with his obsessive and annoying stalkerish ways. Every thought is about Caroline, now I know love can make people stupid, but this was just ridiculous. I really didn't like him, not one bit. I think that's about all I have to say for this book. It wasn't entirely bad, but enough for me to give it a 2 star rating. Though I think with a few changes here and there and some more editorial help this book could become better.